LNCipedia transcript ID: XIST:1
HGNC Gene Symbol: XIST
HGNC Full Gene Name: X inactive specific transcript
Ensembl Gene ID: ENSG00000229807
Ensembl Transcript ID: ENST00000429829
Location (hg38): chrX:73820656-73852753
Sequence Ontology term: lincRNA
Transcript size: 19275 bp
Sources: Biogazelle lncRNA chip; Ensembl release 64 - Sep 2011; long non-coding rna db - lncrnadb.com; Gencode v13; Ensembl release 68 - Jul 2012; Ensembl release 75 - Feb 2014; Ensembl release 83 - Dec 2015; Ensembl release 87 - Dec 2016; Ensembl release 90 - Aug 2017; Ensembl release 92 - Apr 2018
Alternative transcript names: ENST00000429829; ENST00000429829.1; XIST-001; OTTHUMT00000057239.1; ENST00000429829.5
Alternative gene names: ENSG00000229807; XIST; ENSG00000229807.3; OTTHUMG00000021839.3; ENSG00000229807.5; ENSG00000229807.9; NCRNA00001; DXS1089; swd66; LINC00001; ENSG00000229807.10
Protein coding potential
|PRIDE reprocessing 2.0||0||non-coding|
|Lee translation initiation sites||2||non-coding|
|CPAT coding probability||5.84%||non-coding|
|Bazzini small ORFs||0||non-coding|
In stringent set: no
- Briese (2016), Whole transcriptome profiling reveals the RNA content of motor axons., Nucleic Acids Res.
- Dixon-McDougall (2016), The making of a Barr body: the mosaic of factors that eXIST on the mammalian inactive X chromosome., Biochem. Cell Biol.
- Richard (2016), Understanding the Complex Circuitry of lncRNAs at the X-inactivation Center and Its Implications in Disease Conditions., Curr. Top. Microbiol. Immunol.
- Sun (2016), Involvement of lncRNA dysregulation in gastric cancer., Histol. Histopathol.
- Xie (2016), Long non-coding RNAs in colorectal cancer., Oncotarget
- Yue (2016), Dynamic interplay and function of multiple noncoding genes governing X chromosome inactivation., Biochim. Biophys. Acta
- Briggs (2015), Single-Cell XIST Expression in Human Preimplantation Embryos and Newly Reprogrammed Female Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells., Stem Cells
- Cabili (2015), Localization and abundance analysis of human lncRNAs at single-cell and single-molecule resolution., Genome Biol.
- Cajigas (2015), Evf2 lncRNA/BRG1/DLX1 interactions reveal RNA-dependent inhibition of chromatin remodeling., Development
- Cerase (2015), Xist localization and function: new insights from multiple levels., Genome Biol.
- Chacko (2015), The lncRNA RZE1 Controls Cryptococcal Morphological Transition., PLoS Genet.
- Chen (2015), Differential lncRNA expression profiles in recurrent gliomas compared with primary gliomas identified by microarray analysis., Int J Clin Exp Med
- Chen (2015), Predicting lncRNA-disease associations and constructing lncRNA functional similarity network based on the information of miRNA., Sci Rep
- Ching (2015), Non-coding yet non-trivial: a review on the computational genomics of lincRNAs., BioData Min
- Chu (2015), Systematic discovery of Xist RNA binding proteins., Cell
- Fang (2015), Probing Xist RNA Structure in Cells Using Targeted Structure-Seq., PLoS Genet.
- Fiedler (2015), Development of Long Noncoding RNA-Based Strategies to Modulate Tissue Vascularization., J. Am. Coll. Cardiol.
- Galupa (2015), X-chromosome inactivation: new insights into cis and trans regulation., Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev.
- Guo (2015), Biological significance of long non-coding RNA FTX expression in human colorectal cancer., Int J Clin Exp Med
- Hu (2015), NBAT1 suppresses breast cancer metastasis by regulating DKK1 via PRC2., Oncotarget
- Jiao (2015), Long intergenic non-coding RNA induced by X-ray irradiation regulates DNA damage response signaling in the human bronchial epithelial BEAS-2B cell line., Oncol Lett
- Kelsey (2015), Impact of flanking chromosomal sequences on localization and silencing by the human non-coding RNA XIST., Genome Biol.
- Kota (2015), Uncoupling of X-linked gene silencing from XIST binding by DICER1 and chromatin modulation on human inactive X chromosome., Chromosoma
- Lalevée (2015), Long noncoding RNAs in human disease: emerging mechanisms and therapeutic strategies., Epigenomics
- Li (2015), LncRNA ontology: inferring lncRNA functions based on chromatin states and expression patterns., Oncotarget
- Lorenzen (2015), Circulating long noncoding RNATapSaki is a predictor of mortality in critically ill patients with acute kidney injury., Clin. Chem.
- Mao (2015), Oxamflatin treatment enhances cloned porcine embryo development and nuclear reprogramming., Cell Reprogram
- Minajigi (2015), Chromosomes. A comprehensive Xist interactome reveals cohesin repulsion and an RNA-directed chromosome conformation., Science
- Na (2015), Long non-coding RNA UCA1 contributes to the progression of prostate cancer and regulates proliferation through KLF4-KRT6/13 signaling pathway., Int J Clin Exp Med
- Nwigwe (2015), Boundary Associated Long Noncoding RNA Mediates Long-Range Chromosomal Interactions., PLoS ONE
- Peffers (2015), Transcriptome analysis of ageing in uninjured human Achilles tendon., Arthritis Res. Ther.
- Pei (2015), Notch-1 promotes breast cancer cells proliferation by regulating LncRNA GAS5., Int J Clin Exp Med
- Peng (2015), Epigenetic regulation of drug metabolism and transport., Acta Pharm Sin B
- Qi (2015), X chromosome inactivation in human parthenogenetic embryonic stem cells following prolonged passaging., Int. J. Mol. Med.
- Quek (2015), lncRNAdb v2.0: expanding the reference database for functional long noncoding RNAs., Nucleic Acids Res.
- Rupaimoole (2015), Long Noncoding RNA Ceruloplasmin Promotes Cancer Growth by Altering Glycolysis., Cell Rep
- Sarkar (2015), An Xist-activating antisense RNA required for X-chromosome inactivation., Nat Commun
- Scarola (2015), Epigenetic silencing of Oct4 by a complex containing SUV39H1 and Oct4 pseudogene lncRNA., Nat Commun
- Shang (2015), A global view of network of lncRNAs and their binding proteins., Mol Biosyst
- Shen (2015), Prognostic and predictive values of long non-coding RNA LINC00472 in breast cancer., Oncotarget
- Smolle (2015), Long Non-Coding RNAs in Endometrial Carcinoma., Int J Mol Sci
- Sun (2015), Chromosome X genomic and epigenomic aberrations and clinical implications in breast cancer by base resolution profiling., Epigenomics
- Tantai (2015), Combined identification of long non-coding RNA XIST and HIF1A-AS1 in serum as an effective screening for non-small cell lung cancer., Int J Clin Exp Pathol
- Wang (2015), Identification of lncRNA-associated competing triplets reveals global patterns and prognostic markers for cancer., Nucleic Acids Res.
- Wang (2015), Long noncoding RNA derived from CD244 signaling epigenetically controls CD8+ T-cell immune responses in tuberculosis infection., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.
- Wang (2015), Upregulated lncRNA-UCA1 contributes to progression of lung cancer and is closely related to clinical diagnosis as a predictive biomarker in plasma., Int J Clin Exp Med
- Wang (2015), Serum LncRNAs Profiles Serve as Novel Potential Biomarkers for the Diagnosis of HBV-Positive Hepatocellular Carcinoma., PLoS ONE
- Werner (2015), Nuclear Fractionation Reveals Thousands of Chromatin-Tethered Noncoding RNAs Adjacent to Active Genes., Cell Rep
- Wongtrakoongate (2015), Association of the Long Non-coding RNA Steroid Receptor RNA Activator (SRA) with TrxG and PRC2 Complexes., PLoS Genet.
- Wu (2015), The long non-coding RNA HNF1A-AS1 regulates proliferation and metastasis in lung adenocarcinoma., Oncotarget
- Wu (2015), The converging roles of BRD4 and gene transcription in pluripotency and oncogenesis., RNA Dis
- Xiao (2015), Long Noncoding RNA ADINR Regulates Adipogenesis by Transcriptionally Activating C/EBPα., Stem Cell Reports
- Xu (2015), A transposable element within the Non-canonical telomerase RNA of Arabidopsis thaliana modulates telomerase in response to DNA damage [corrected]., PLoS Genet.
- Yang (2015), The lncRNA Firre anchors the inactive X chromosome to the nucleolus by binding CTCF and maintains H3K27me3 methylation., Genome Biol.
- Yao (2015), Knockdown of long non-coding RNA XIST exerts tumor-suppressive functions in human glioblastoma stem cells by up-regulating miR-152., Cancer Lett.
- Zhang (2015), Long Noncoding RNA Expression Signatures of Metastatic Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma and Their Prognostic Value., Biomed Res Int
- Zlotorynski (2015), Non-coding RNA: X-chromosome inactivation unravelled., Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol.
- Alaimo (2014), ncPred: ncRNA-Disease Association Prediction through Tripartite Network-Based Inference., Front Bioeng Biotechnol
- Alam (2014), Promoter analysis reveals globally differential regulation of human long non-coding RNA and protein-coding genes., PLoS ONE
- Almlöf (2014), Single nucleotide polymorphisms with cis-regulatory effects on long non-coding transcripts in human primary monocytes., PLoS ONE
- Basu (2014), Using amino-labeled nucleotide probes for simultaneous single molecule RNA-DNA FISH., PLoS ONE
- Bhatnagar (2014), Genetic and pharmacological reactivation of the mammalian inactive X chromosome., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.
- Chakraborty (2014), The predictive power of synthetic nucleic acid technologies in RNA biology., Acc. Chem. Res.
- Chapman (2014), Differentially methylated CpG island within human XIST mediates alternative P2 transcription and YY1 binding., BMC Genet.
- Cifuentes-Rojas (2014), Regulatory interactions between RNA and polycomb repressive complex 2., Mol. Cell
- Cooper (2014), Long Non-Coding RNA NEAT1 Associates with SRp40 to Temporally Regulate PPARγ2 Splicing during Adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 Cells., Genes (Basel)
- Ding (2014), Long intergenic non-coding RNAs (LincRNAs) identified by RNA-seq in breast cancer., PLoS ONE
- Feinberg (2014), The nucleolus gets the silent treatment., Cell Stem Cell
- Feng (2014), Methods for the study of long noncoding RNA in cancer cell signaling., Methods Mol. Biol.
- Figueiredo (2014), Non-coding roX RNAs prevent the binding of the MSL-complex to heterochromatic regions., PLoS Genet.
- Gendrel (2014), Noncoding RNAs and epigenetic mechanisms during X-chromosome inactivation., Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol.
- Giorgetti (2014), Predictive polymer modeling reveals coupled fluctuations in chromosome conformation and transcription., Cell
- Guallar (2014), RNA-binding proteins in pluripotency, differentiation, and reprogramming., Front Biol (Beijing)
- Ha (2014), A comprehensive analysis of piRNAs from adult human testis and their relationship with genes and mobile elements., BMC Genomics
- Hacisuleyman (2014), Topological organization of multichromosomal regions by the long intergenic noncoding RNA Firre., Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol.
- Hu (2014), A functional genomic approach identifies FAL1 as an oncogenic long noncoding RNA that associates with BMI1 and represses p21 expression in cancer., Cancer Cell
- Huang (2014), Urinary Xist is a potential biomarker for membranous nephropathy., Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun.
- Ishizuka (2014), Formation of nuclear bodies by the lncRNA Gomafu-associating proteins Celf3 and SF1., Genes Cells
- Jiang (2014), Xist deficiency and disorders of X-inactivation in rabbit embryonic stem cells can be rescued by transcription-factor-mediated conversion., Stem Cells Dev.
- Li (2014), starBase v2.0: decoding miRNA-ceRNA, miRNA-ncRNA and protein-RNA interaction networks from large-scale CLIP-Seq data., Nucleic Acids Res.
- Li (2014), A polymorphism rs12325489C>T in the lincRNA-ENST00000515084 exon was found to modulate breast cancer risk via GWAS-based association analyses., PLoS ONE
- Li (2014), Comparison of long non‑coding RNAs, microRNAs and messenger RNAs involved in initiation and progression of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma., Mol Med Rep
- Liu (2014), LncRNAs expression signatures of hepatocellular carcinoma revealed by microarray., World J. Gastroenterol.
- Luo (2014), High-resolution chromosomal microarray analysis of early-stage human embryonic stem cells reveals an association between X chromosome instability and skewed X inactivation., Cell Biosci
- Makhlouf (2014), A prominent and conserved role for YY1 in Xist transcriptional activation., Nat Commun
- Marques Howarth (2014), Long noncoding RNA EWSAT1-mediated gene repression facilitates Ewing sarcoma oncogenesis., J. Clin. Invest.
- Mathiyalagan (2014), Interplay of chromatin modifications and non-coding RNAs in the heart., Epigenetics
- McKiernan (2014), Long noncoding RNA are aberrantly expressed in vivo in the cystic fibrosis bronchial epithelium., Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol.
- Minkovsky (2014), The Mbd1-Atf7ip-Setdb1 pathway contributes to the maintenance of X chromosome inactivation., Epigenetics Chromatin
- Negishi (2014), A new lncRNA, APTR, associates with and represses the CDKN1A/p21 promoter by recruiting polycomb proteins., PLoS ONE
- Nielsen (2014), Identification of expressed and conserved human noncoding RNAs., RNA
- Olivier-Van Stichelen (2014), X-inactivation normalizes O-GlcNAc transferase levels and generates an O-GlcNAc-depleted Barr body., Front Genet
- Pasque (2014), X chromosome reactivation dynamics reveal stages of reprogramming to pluripotency., Cell
- Payer (2014), Coupling of X-chromosome reactivation with the pluripotent stem cell state., RNA Biol
- Pestell (2014), Long and noncoding RNAs (lnc-RNAs) determine androgen receptor dependent gene expression in prostate cancer growth in vivo., Asian J. Androl.
- Pircher (2014), Ribosome-associated ncRNAs: an emerging class of translation regulators., RNA Biol
- Porro (2014), TERRA-reinforced association of LSD1 with MRE11 promotes processing of uncapped telomeres., Cell Rep
- Prensner (2014), The long non-coding RNA PCAT-1 promotes prostate cancer cell proliferation through cMyc., Neoplasia
- Quagliata (2014), Long noncoding RNA HOTTIP/HOXA13 expression is associated with disease progression and predicts outcome in hepatocellular carcinoma patients., Hepatology
- Quinn (2014), Revealing long noncoding RNA architecture and functions using domain-specific chromatin isolation by RNA purification., Nat. Biotechnol.
- Quinodoz (2014), Long noncoding RNAs: an emerging link between gene regulation and nuclear organization., Trends Cell Biol.
- Rajpathak (2014), Human 45,X fibroblast transcriptome reveals distinct differentially expressed genes including long noncoding RNAs potentially associated with the pathophysiology of Turner syndrome., PLoS ONE
- Rinn (2014), RNA Function. RNA and dynamic nuclear organization., Science
- Sarma (2014), ATRX directs binding of PRC2 to Xist RNA and Polycomb targets., Cell
- Shichino (2014), Meiotic long non-coding meiRNA accumulates as a dot at its genetic locus facilitated by Mmi1 and plays as a decoy to lure Mmi1., Open Biol
- Soma (2014), Ftx is dispensable for imprinted X-chromosome inactivation in preimplantation mouse embryos., Sci Rep
- Song (2014), A long non-coding RNA, GAS5, plays a critical role in the regulation of miR-21 during osteoarthritis., J. Orthop. Res.
- Su (2014), Comprehensive analysis of long non-coding RNAs in human breast cancer clinical subtypes., Oncotarget
- Sultan (2014), Influence of RNA extraction methods and library selection schemes on RNA-seq data., BMC Genomics
- Sun (2014), A novel antisense long noncoding RNA within the IGF1R gene locus is imprinted in hematopoietic malignancies., Nucleic Acids Res.
- Wang (2014), The long noncoding RNA CHRF regulates cardiac hypertrophy by targeting miR-489., Circ. Res.
- Yang (2014), A network based method for analysis of lncRNA-disease associations and prediction of lncRNAs implicated in diseases., PLoS ONE
- Yoon (2014), PAR-CLIP analysis uncovers AUF1 impact on target RNA fate and genome integrity., Nat Commun
- Yue (2014), Quick fluorescent in situ hybridization protocol for Xist RNA combined with immunofluorescence of histone modification in X-chromosome inactivation., J Vis Exp
- Zhang (2014), Comparative DNA methylome analysis of endometrial carcinoma reveals complex and distinct deregulation of cancer promoters and enhancers., BMC Genomics
- Zhao (2014), Comprehensive characterization of cancer subtype associated long non-coding RNAs and their clinical implications., Sci Rep
- de Oliveira Georges (2014), Aberrant patterns of X chromosome inactivation in a new line of human embryonic stem cells established in physiological oxygen concentrations., Stem Cell Rev
- Agostini (2013), X-inactivation: quantitative predictions of protein interactions in the Xist network., Nucleic Acids Res.
- Akbari (2013), Transcriptome profiling of Nasonia vitripennis testis reveals novel transcripts expressed from the selfish B chromosome, paternal sex ratio., G3 (Bethesda)
- Alaei-Mahabadi (2013), Limited evidence for evolutionarily conserved targeting of long non-coding RNAs by microRNAs., Silence
- Amort (2013), Long non-coding RNAs as targets for cytosine methylation., RNA Biol
- Batista (2013), Long noncoding RNAs: cellular address codes in development and disease., Cell
- Beato (2013), A new role for an old player: steroid receptor RNA Activator (SRA) represses hormone inducible genes., Transcription
- Bhan (2013), Antisense transcript long noncoding RNA (lncRNA) HOTAIR is transcriptionally induced by estradiol., J. Mol. Biol.
- Bhartiya (2013), lncRNome: a comprehensive knowledgebase of human long noncoding RNAs., Database (Oxford)
- Bhattacharjee (2013), Combinatorial control of gene expression., Biomed Res Int
- Bischoff (2013), Differences in X-chromosome transcriptional activity and cholesterol metabolism between placentae from swine breeds from Asian and Western origins., PLoS ONE
- Bolisetty (2013), Circuitous route to transcription regulation., Mol. Cell
- Chadwick (2013), Molecular versatility: the many faces and functions of noncoding RNA., Chromosome Res.
- Dasen (2013), Long noncoding RNAs in development: solidifying the Lncs to Hox gene regulation., Cell Rep
- Dimond (2013), Molecular biology. Long noncoding RNAs Xist in three dimensions., Science
- Disteche (2013), How to correct chromosomal trisomy., Cell Res.
- Donley (2013), Asynchronous replication, mono-allelic expression, and long range Cis-effects of ASAR6., PLoS Genet.
- Fan (2013), A long non-coding RNA, PTCSC3, as a tumor suppressor and a target of miRNAs in thyroid cancer cells., Exp Ther Med
- Guan (2013), Switching cell fate, ncRNAs coming to play., Cell Death Dis
- Hangauer (2013), Pervasive transcription of the human genome produces thousands of previously unidentified long intergenic noncoding RNAs., PLoS Genet.
- He (2013), ANRIL/CDKN2B-AS shows two-stage clade-specific evolution and becomes conserved after transposon insertions in simians., BMC Evol. Biol.
- Jalali (2013), Systematic transcriptome wide analysis of lncRNA-miRNA interactions., PLoS ONE
- Jiang (2013), Translating dosage compensation to trisomy 21., Nature
- Juan (2013), Potential roles of microRNAs in regulating long intergenic noncoding RNAs., BMC Med Genomics
- Kapusta (2013), Transposable elements are major contributors to the origin, diversification, and regulation of vertebrate long noncoding RNAs., PLoS Genet.
- Kogure (2013), Extracellular Vesicle-Mediated Transfer of a Novel Long Noncoding RNA TUC339: A Mechanism of Intercellular Signaling in Human Hepatocellular Cancer., Genes Cancer
- Kung (2013), RNA in the loop., Dev. Cell
- Lai (2013), Activating RNAs associate with Mediator to enhance chromatin architecture and transcription., Nature
- Lawrence (2013), Interview: from Down's syndrome to basic epigenetics and back again., Epigenomics
- Li (2013), Targeted disruption of Hotair leads to homeotic transformation and gene derepression., Cell Rep
- Liu (2013), Identification of differentially expressed long non-coding RNAs in human ovarian cancer cells with different metastatic potentials., Cancer Biol Med
- Lu (2013), Genome-wide survey by ChIP-seq reveals YY1 regulation of lincRNAs in skeletal myogenesis., EMBO J.
- Luco (2013), The non-coding genome: a universe in expansion for fine-tuning the coding world., Genome Biol.
- Maclary (2013), Long nonoding RNAs in the X-inactivation center., Chromosome Res.
- Maenner (2013), ATP-dependent roX RNA remodeling by the helicase maleless enables specific association of MSL proteins., Mol. Cell
- McGraw (2013), Loss of DNMT1o disrupts imprinted X chromosome inactivation and accentuates placental defects in females., PLoS Genet.
- Minks (2013), XIST-induced silencing of flanking genes is achieved by additive action of repeat a monomers in human somatic cells., Epigenetics Chromatin
- Papait (2013), Long noncoding RNA: a new player of heart failure?, J Cardiovasc Transl Res
- Sado (2013), Advances in understanding chromosome silencing by the long non-coding RNA Xist., Philos. Trans. R. Soc. Lond., B, Biol. Sci.
- Salvador (2013), The histone deacetylase inhibitor abexinostat induces cancer stem cells differentiation in breast cancer with low Xist expression., Clin. Cancer Res.
- Santoro (2013), Silencing by the imprinted Airn macro lncRNA: transcription is the answer., Cell Cycle
- Sheffield (2013), Patterns of regulatory activity across diverse human cell types predict tissue identity, transcription factor binding, and long-range interactions., Genome Res.
- Simon (2013), High-resolution Xist binding maps reveal two-step spreading during X-chromosome inactivation., Nature
- Szafranski (2013), Small noncoding differentially methylated copy-number variants, including lncRNA genes, cause a lethal lung developmental disorder., Genome Res.
- Vallot (2013), XACT, a long noncoding transcript coating the active X chromosome in human pluripotent cells., Nat. Genet.
- Vallot (2013), [X chromosome inactivation in human: XACT and XIST, a non coding RNA for each X]., Med Sci (Paris)
- Vallot (2013), Long non-coding RNAs and human X-chromosome regulation: a coat for the active X chromosome., RNA Biol
- Volders (2013), LNCipedia: a database for annotated human lncRNA transcript sequences and structures., Nucleic Acids Res.
- Wan (2013), Long non-coding RNA ANRIL (CDKN2B-AS) is induced by the ATM-E2F1 signaling pathway., Cell. Signal.
- Weinberg (2013), Long non-coding RNA targeting and transcriptional de-repression., Nucleic Acid Ther
- Wood (2013), Sense-antisense gene pairs: sequence, transcription, and structure are not conserved between human and mouse., Front Genet
- Wu (2013), Hypomethylation of noncoding DNA regions and overexpression of the long noncoding RNA, AFAP1-AS1, in Barrett's esophagus and esophageal adenocarcinoma., Gastroenterology
- Wu (2013), Binding interactions between long noncoding RNA HOTAIR and PRC2 proteins., Biochemistry
- Yi (2013), RNA-seq identified a super-long intergenic transcript functioning in adipogenesis., RNA Biol
- Zhang (2013), Circular intronic long noncoding RNAs., Mol. Cell
- Ørom (2013), Long noncoding RNAs usher in a new era in the biology of enhancers., Cell
- Amos-Landgraf (2012), The many ways to open the gate to colon cancer., Cell Cycle
- Anguera (2012), Molecular signatures of human induced pluripotent stem cells highlight sex differences and cancer genes., Cell Stem Cell
- Augoff (2012), miR-31 and its host gene lncRNA LOC554202 are regulated by promoter hypermethylation in triple-negative breast cancer., Mol. Cancer
- Bovolenta (2012), The DMD locus harbours multiple long non-coding RNAs which orchestrate and control transcription of muscle dystrophin mRNA isoforms., PLoS ONE
- Bánfai (2012), Long noncoding RNAs are rarely translated in two human cell lines., Genome Res.
- Cabianca (2012), A long ncRNA links copy number variation to a polycomb/trithorax epigenetic switch in FSHD muscular dystrophy., Cell
- Cabianca (2012), A novel molecular mechanism in human genetic disease: a DNA repeat-derived lncRNA., RNA Biol
- Derrien (2012), The GENCODE v7 catalog of human long noncoding RNAs: analysis of their gene structure, evolution, and expression., Genome Res.
- Flockhart (2012), BRAFV600E remodels the melanocyte transcriptome and induces BANCR to regulate melanoma cell migration., Genome Res.
- Glazko (2012), Computational prediction of polycomb-associated long non-coding RNAs., PLoS ONE
- Grant (2012), Rsx is a metatherian RNA with Xist-like properties in X-chromosome inactivation., Nature
- Jalali (2012), Integrative transcriptome analysis suggest processing of a subset of long non-coding RNAs to small RNAs., Biol. Direct
- Li (2012), AS1DHRS4, a head-to-head natural antisense transcript, silences the DHRS4 gene cluster in cis and trans., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.
- Maenner (2012), Roles of long, non-coding RNA in chromosome-wide transcription regulation: lessons from two dosage compensation systems., Biochimie
- Markaki (2012), The potential of 3D-FISH and super-resolution structured illumination microscopy for studies of 3D nuclear architecture: 3D structured illumination microscopy of defined chromosomal structures visualized by 3D (immuno)-FISH opens new perspectives for studies of nuclear architecture., Bioessays
- Maruyama (2012), Altered antisense-to-sense transcript ratios in breast cancer., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.
- Miyagawa (2012), Identification of cis- and trans-acting factors involved in the localization of MALAT-1 noncoding RNA to nuclear speckles., RNA
- Naganuma (2012), Alternative 3'-end processing of long noncoding RNA initiates construction of nuclear paraspeckles., EMBO J.
- Niazi (2012), Computational analysis of functional long noncoding RNAs reveals lack of peptide-coding capacity and parallels with 3' UTRs., RNA
- Novikova (2012), Structural architecture of the human long non-coding RNA, steroid receptor RNA activator., Nucleic Acids Res.
- Pei (2012), The GENCODE pseudogene resource., Genome Biol.
- Pinter (2012), Spreading of X chromosome inactivation via a hierarchy of defined Polycomb stations., Genome Res.
- Pollex (2012), Recent advances in X-chromosome inactivation research., Curr. Opin. Cell Biol.
- Sati (2012), Genome-wide analysis reveals distinct patterns of epigenetic features in long non-coding RNA loci., Nucleic Acids Res.
- Tilgner (2012), Deep sequencing of subcellular RNA fractions shows splicing to be predominantly co-transcriptional in the human genome but inefficient for lncRNAs., Genome Res.
- Troy (2012), Genetic "lnc"-age of noncoding RNAs to human disease., J. Clin. Invest.
- Vizoso (2012), The activatory long non-coding RNA DBE-T reveals the epigenetic etiology of facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy., Cell Res.
- Wilusz (2012), HuR and translation--the missing linc(RNA)., Mol. Cell
- Arthold (2011), Mechanistic insights into chromosome-wide silencing in X inactivation., Hum. Genet.
- Bruck (2011), Meta-analysis of the heterogeneity of X chromosome inactivation in human pluripotent stem cells., Stem Cell Res
- Chaumeil (2011), Evolution from XIST-independent to XIST-controlled X-chromosome inactivation: epigenetic modifications in distantly related mammals., PLoS ONE
- Chureau (2011), Ftx is a non-coding RNA which affects Xist expression and chromatin structure within the X-inactivation center region., Hum. Mol. Genet.
- Derrien (2011), [Long non-coding RNAs with enhancer-like function in human cells]., Med Sci (Paris)
- Duszczyk (2011), The Xist RNA A-repeat comprises a novel AUCG tetraloop fold and a platform for multimerization., RNA
- Hasegawa (2011), Revisiting the function of nuclear scaffold/matrix binding proteins in X chromosome inactivation., RNA Biol
- Horvath (2011), Comparative analysis of the primate X-inactivation center region and reconstruction of the ancestral primate XIST locus., Genome Res.
- Jeon (2011), YY1 tethers Xist RNA to the inactive X nucleation center., Cell
- Knowling (2011), Non-coding RNA and antisense RNA. Nature's trash or treasure?, Biochimie
- Morris (2011), Modulation of gene-specific epigenetic states and transcription by non-coding RNAs., Clin Epigenetics
- Nakagawa (2011), eXIST with matrix-associated proteins., Trends Cell Biol.
- Navarro (2011), [Epigenetic reprogramming: the importance of X inactivation]., Med Sci (Paris)
- Okamoto (2011), Eutherian mammals use diverse strategies to initiate X-chromosome inactivation during development., Nature
- Paralkar (2011), A new 'Linc' between noncoding RNAs and blood development., Genes Dev.
- Salmena (2011), A ceRNA hypothesis: the Rosetta Stone of a hidden RNA language?, Cell
- Saxena (2011), Long non-coding RNA modifies chromatin: epigenetic silencing by long non-coding RNAs., Bioessays
- Splinter (2011), The inactive X chromosome adopts a unique three-dimensional conformation that is dependent on Xist RNA., Genes Dev.
- Weakley (2011), Expression and function of a large non-coding RNA gene XIST in human cancer., World J Surg
- Zhao (2011), Molecular and DNA methylation analysis of Peg10 and Xist gene in sheep., Mol. Biol. Rep.
- Hall (2010), XIST RNA and architecture of the inactive X chromosome: implications for the repeat genome., Cold Spring Harb. Symp. Quant. Biol.
- Hasegawa (2010), The matrix protein hnRNP U is required for chromosomal localization of Xist RNA., Dev. Cell
- Kaneko (2010), Phosphorylation of the PRC2 component Ezh2 is cell cycle-regulated and up-regulates its binding to ncRNA., Genes Dev.
- Kanhere (2010), Short RNAs are transcribed from repressed polycomb target genes and interact with polycomb repressive complex-2., Mol. Cell
- Lengner (2010), Derivation of pre-X inactivation human embryonic stem cells under physiological oxygen concentrations., Cell
- Maenner (2010), 2-D structure of the A region of Xist RNA and its implication for PRC2 association., PLoS Biol.
- Marchetto (2010), A model for neural development and treatment of Rett syndrome using human induced pluripotent stem cells., Cell
- Moreira de Mello (2010), Random X inactivation and extensive mosaicism in human placenta revealed by analysis of allele-specific gene expression along the X chromosome., PLoS ONE
- Sarma (2010), Locked nucleic acids (LNAs) reveal sequence requirements and kinetics of Xist RNA localization to the X chromosome., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.
- Tchieu (2010), Female human iPSCs retain an inactive X chromosome., Cell Stem Cell
- Zhao (2010), Genome-wide identification of polycomb-associated RNAs by RIP-seq., Mol. Cell
- Deakin (2009), Unravelling the evolutionary origins of X chromosome inactivation in mammals: insights from marsupials and monotremes., Chromosome Res.
- Hanna (2009), Direct cell reprogramming is a stochastic process amenable to acceleration., Nature
- Kanellopoulou (2009), X chromosome inactivation in the absence of Dicer., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.
- Elisaphenko (2008), A dual origin of the Xist gene from a protein-coding gene and a set of transposable elements., PLoS ONE
- Hall (2008), X-inactivation reveals epigenetic anomalies in most hESC but identifies sublines that initiate as expected., J. Cell. Physiol.
- Ogawa (2008), Intersection of the RNA interference and X-inactivation pathways., Science
- Shen (2008), X-inactivation in female human embryonic stem cells is in a nonrandom pattern and prone to epigenetic alterations., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.
- Silva (2008), X-chromosome inactivation and epigenetic fluidity in human embryonic stem cells., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.
- Zhao (2008), Polycomb proteins targeted by a short repeat RNA to the mouse X chromosome., Science
- Davidow (2007), The search for a marsupial XIC reveals a break with vertebrate synteny., Chromosome Res.
- Hore (2007), The region homologous to the X-chromosome inactivation centre has been disrupted in marsupial and monotreme mammals., Chromosome Res.
- Shevchenko (2007), Genes flanking Xist in mouse and human are separated on the X chromosome in American marsupials., Chromosome Res.
- Zhang (2007), Perinucleolar targeting of the inactive X during S phase: evidence for a role in the maintenance of silencing., Cell
- Chaumeil (2006), A novel role for Xist RNA in the formation of a repressive nuclear compartment into which genes are recruited when silenced., Genes Dev.
- Duret (2006), The Xist RNA gene evolved in eutherians by pseudogenization of a protein-coding gene., Science
- Blackshaw (2004), Genomic analysis of mouse retinal development., PLoS Biol.
- Wutz (2002), Chromosomal silencing and localization are mediated by different domains of Xist RNA., Nat. Genet.
- Beletskii (2001), PNA interference mapping demonstrates functional domains in the noncoding RNA Xist., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.
- Csankovszki (2001), Synergism of Xist RNA, DNA methylation, and histone hypoacetylation in maintaining X chromosome inactivation., J. Cell Biol.
- Wutz (2000), A shift from reversible to irreversible X inactivation is triggered during ES cell differentiation., Mol. Cell
- Csankovszki (1999), Conditional deletion of Xist disrupts histone macroH2A localization but not maintenance of X inactivation., Nat. Genet.
- Marahrens (1997), Xist-deficient mice are defective in dosage compensation but not spermatogenesis., Genes Dev.
- Sheardown (1997), Stabilization of Xist RNA mediates initiation of X chromosome inactivation., Cell
- Clemson (1996), XIST RNA paints the inactive X chromosome at interphase: evidence for a novel RNA involved in nuclear/chromosome structure., J. Cell Biol.
- Penny (1996), Requirement for Xist in X chromosome inactivation., Nature
- Brockdorff (1992), The product of the mouse Xist gene is a 15 kb inactive X-specific transcript containing no conserved ORF and located in the nucleus., Cell
- Brown (1992), The human XIST gene: analysis of a 17 kb inactive X-specific RNA that contains conserved repeats and is highly localized within the nucleus., Cell
- Borsani (1991), Characterization of a murine gene expressed from the inactive X chromosome., Nature
- Brockdorff (1991), Conservation of position and exclusive expression of mouse Xist from the inactive X chromosome., Nature
- Brown (1991), A gene from the region of the human X inactivation centre is expressed exclusively from the inactive X chromosome., Nature
LNCipedia transcript ID history
|LNCipedia version||LNCipedia transcript ID|